What Is The Normal Blood Pressure For Your Age?
High blood pressure is one of the most common health problems among the worldwide population. Medically known as hypertension, this condition may cause serious health problems like if left untreated. A lot of people can have this condition without experiencing any symptoms. The most common signs of high blood pressure are dizziness, blurry vision, nausea, vomiting, and brief breaths.
Other health problems that may be caused by high blood pressure are loss of memory, atherosclerosis, kidney problems, etc. The reasons for high blood pressure can be numerous like genes, gender, age, smoking, excessive drinking, lack of physical activity, stress, etc. Since age plays an important role in a person’s blood pressure, it’s important to know the high blood parameters according to one’s age. Let’s take a look:
Younger than 20- 123/76
From 20 to 30- 126/79
From 30 to 40- 129/81
From 40 to 50-135/83
From 50 to 60- 142/85
Younger than 20- 116/72
From 20 to 30- 120/75
From 30 to 40-137/84
From 40 to 50- 137/84
From 50 to 60-144/85
Besides medication, there are other ways to control high blood pressure and prevent further complications. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Lose surplus weight and lower your waist circumference
- Include regular workout, at least half an hour per day. You can jog, walk, swim, dance, etc.
- Eat healthy food, that is, whole grains, fruits, veggies, and low-fat dairy products
- Lower the intake of sodium, that is, less than 2300 mg per day or less and avoid processed foods and read food labels
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol because it can increase your blood pressure and reduce the effect of your blood pressure meds
- Give up smoking to lower your high blood pressure and increase your life span
- Don’t drink too much caffeine
- Try to eliminate stress or at least find a way to cope with it
- Monitor blood pressure at home and regularly consult your physician
- Look for support from your family and friends or from a support group. This can significantly better your health